IELTS and PTE Exams are conducted to examine the English-speaking eligibility of the person. Both exams are widely recognized by foreign countries and professional bodies in more than 140 countries. The marking parameters of the IELTS are based on the bands which range from 0 to 9 whereas the PTE exam score system lies in 10 to 90 points. Whether you plan to study abroad or are looking for a job, you can opt for either IELTS or PTE. Both tests are the same in terms of the syllabus. There are minor differences between these two but that’s very important for you to know first before sitting in the test. Choosing the right English test can help you to achieve a high rank. That’s the reason we bring this article which will tell you which test can be best suitable to you as per your need. Know Is It easy to crack the PTE test for IELTS applicants?
If you are IELTS aspirants but now interested in giving the PTE exam, then many questions may be running in your mind such as is the syllabus the same? What would be the question types? Is there any difference in the test-taking pattern? Today, you will get the best answers to all your doubts. If you seek more personal advice on this then you can approach the PTE Coaching classes in Jalandhar.
Similarities and Differences between IELTS test and PTE exam
- IELTS and PTE tests are taken by the professional bodies to check the English capacity of the candidates.
- IELTS and PTE scrutinize a person’s 4 skills which cover reading, writing, speaking, and writing.
- Both exams are divided into 2 categories; Academic tests and General tests. The academic test syllabus is designed to help candidates dream to study abroad. On the other hand, the General test is taken by these bodies to look over the English level of the person who wants to settle abroad for work purposes.
- The IELTS test is conducted online and offline. There are two types of IELTS-taking systems; Paper-based method and computer-based system. A candidate has a chance to choose between these two systems. In the IELTS paper-based system, reading, writing, and listening is taken manually by the examiner but in the speaking part, the student has to give it manually with the interview in the one-to-one sessions. The same is happening in the IELTS computer-based method. All three modules reading, writing, and listening are offline whereas speaking is taken by the invigilator.
- The PTE exam is entirely done on the computer. All 4 modules are done online. In the ‘speaking’ section, the candidate has to record their lecture on the microphone.
- The time duration of the IELTS and PTE exams is the same. The IELTS test is 2 hours and 50 minutes long. On the contrary, the PTE exam takes 3 hours and 11 minutes.
- The paper-based IELTS test will be declared within 10 to 13 business days and the online result of IELTS will take 2 to 5 working days. PTE test takes 5 business days for the results.
Hence, these are the few basic differences and similarities between the IELTS test and PTE Exam. If you need personal counseling on these exams, you can connect to the Best IELTS institute in Jalandhar.
PTE Vs IELTS: Is It easy to crack the PTE test for IELTS applicants?
IELTS and PTE tests are almost the same excluding test-taking methods. From a syllabus point of view, these exams are similar but you should take care of these things to crack the PTE test if you are IELTS aspirants:
- If you go for the computer-delivered IELTS test, you have a chance to skip the difficult questions, and then you can get back to them and solve them later. Conversely, you can only go forward with the questions in the PTE exam and can’t get back to solve it again so it is better to write the best answer without making mistakes.
- A candidate has an opportunity to ask the invigilator to repeat the question if they have not heard it properly during the IELTS Speaking test. On the other hand, you will not get a chance to ask as everything is done automatically. There is no personal interaction between the examiner and the candidate. The speaking test is taken on the microphone and the candidate has to record his/her voice in the mic.
- The microphone turns off automatically after 3 seconds if you do not speak up. Thus, you have to be fluent and spontaneous.
- The IELTS speaking test is conducted in a quiet room but the PTE exam is taken among many students so noise will be there therefore better to concentrate on your test to complete it on time.
Please take care of the above-stated points to hit the excellent performance in the PTE. If you need any further guidance or are looking to coach PTE Coaching classes in Jalandhar.
IELTS aspirants must take care of the few things mentioned in the article and you will end up scoring great marks in the test even if you are IELTS aspirants.
Looking for assistance in IELTS? You can link to the Best IELTS institute in Jalandhar.