The alert message, “Error code: H303. This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting,” comes up when a user encounters QuickBooks error H303. After reading the message, it must be clear to you that it is a company file error. The problem arises when you attempt to switch your company file from single-user to multi-user mode. However, the multi-user connection gets blocked. To overcome the error, you can apply a few solutions that are enlisted in this blog. Besides, the article also mentions the cause of the problem. Have a look at it till the end for a better understanding.
If you are unable to resolve the company file error H303, directly connect with our experienced experience team for help through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What are the Top Reasons to Incur the Error Message H303 In QuickBooks?
You must be eager to know why you are receiving the error H303 again and again in QuickBooks. The points mentioned below are the primary causes of the issue. Go through them-
- The setup of the hosting mode on your server computer is not correct.
- The Network Data has been damaged or corrupted.
However, the process of troubleshooting this error is easy and quick. Read further to learn the most appropriate solutions to debug the problem.
Instant Methods to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error H303
The two debugging methods given in this article must definitely help you get rid of the error-
SOLUTION 1: Choose ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ Menu
- Check which workstations are encountering the error H505.
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Select ‘Utilities’ to check if the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available. If yes, verify the next workstation.
- If the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option is seen in any of the workstations, it indicates that the problem is with that specific computer.
- After performing the same process on other workstations, it’s time to analyze the host computer.
- Run QuickBooks on the host computer and choose the ‘File’ menu.
- Click ‘Utilities’ to see whether the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available or not. If yes, tap on it.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
First, make sure you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your desktop. If not, then go through the following steps-
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded file.
- Open the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and run it.
- As you begin installing the software, move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen. To accept the terms and conditions, select the relevant checkboxes.
- After the process is done, run the Tool Hub and go to the ‘Network Issues’ menu bar.
- Click ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- After you see your company file folder, hit on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
As we conclude our blog here, we suppose the troubleshooting methods given here have helped you eliminate the QuickBooks Error H303 efficiently. If not, we recommend you have a one-to-one consultation with one of our certified professionals via 1.800.579.0391.