In today’s digital marketing world, web design is more than just giving a brand an aesthetic look and feel.
It’s how it works to attract more customers, keep them engaged, and persuade them to purchase.
Yes, a good web design has the power to skyrocket your business growth but creating it is challenging and hard. That’s why most businesses approach the best website development services. The top web designing company in Gurgaon will have the best industry experts with all technical and aesthetic expertise to design a perfect website.
Although, if you want to design your website or are on the verge of redesigning your outdated website, this article will be of great help.
Here, we will discuss the most important principles of web design.
The website must accommodate the needs of the user. Therefore, all the web pages must represent a clear intention to help users interact better and understand your offerings. The purpose of the website is to catch the target audience’s attention and deliver them the information they are looking for. Therefore, while designing a website, ensure that:
- It describes your expertise
- Help building reputation
- Generate leads
- Boost sales and offer aftercare support
In the web designing world, simple is a new style. A simple and innovative design can deliver a better user experience and boost the website’s usability. While giving an aesthetically pleasing look to your website, take care of these three things:
- Color: Color has the power to grab the attention of your target customers, communicate messages, and stimulate emotional responses. Therefore, it becomes crucial to find the right color palette that relates to your brand and helps influence customers’ behavior towards your brand. Use a maximum of 5 colors in your web design, and it’s better to avoid using too bright and too dark colors. You can go for complementary colors that will give a pleasing look to the website, improve customer engagement, and deliver a good user experience.
- Typography: Typography plays an important role in making your website count among the good ones. It grabs attention and visually represents your brand voice. It’s good to use a maximum of 3 different fonts in a legible form.
- Imagery: Imagery is what breaks the monotony of the text and keeps users engaged in the communication process. This includes illustrations, images, videos, and all forms of graphics. Ensure that the imagery you add in the design must be impressive, relate to your business, and pops out the spirit and personality of the company and its members. The visual part has the first impression on users, making it crucial for web design.
Another important feature you must incorporate in the web design is easy navigation. This is one critical factor you must keep in mind while designing a website. It makes it easy for users to find the relevant information within seconds. To make your site easy to navigate, include a simple menu layout and the ability to swiftly and reliably move throughout the site.
Here are a few more tips that will help you make navigation easy:
- Keep the navigation bar simple with minimal options
- Decrease the drop-down menu options
- Use layman language for naming the options.
- Avoid using jargons
- Don’t incorporate too many clicks inside the website
You can also take the help of the best web designing company in Gurgaon to ensure easy navigation on the website.
Responsive web design means a web design that fits all screen sizes like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs. In this mobile-driven world, more than half of the internet population browse sites through their mobile phones, making it necessary for every business to go mobile-friendly. The website designing services can help you create the mobile version of your website. They ensure that the web design fits every mobile available in the market and deliver a safe, easy, and effective browsing experience to users.
Here are some tips to create responsive web design:
- Optimize the images
- Make buttons clickable on smaller screens
- Make multiple prototypes
- Create a Mobile-first design approach
- Use appropriate text size
- Use better interactive elements
A user interface offers an effective medium for users to interact with the system. It bridges the gap between the user and the system. A good interface ensures more engagement and less bounce rate. So, it’s critical to hire the right website development services to make the UI look clear and fresh.
Here are a few tips that will help you with designing a good UI:
- Focus on keeping the interface simple
- Use the page layout effectively
- Maintain consistency of color and fonts
- Add only relevant information
- Don’t add excess scrolling of information
- Use Metaphors in designing
F-Shaped Reading Pattern
The F-shaped reading pattern provides an effective way for visitors to scan text on a website. Most people usually see the top and left areas of the screen, and the F-shaped writing pattern matches the reader’s natural pattern of scanning the page.
Therefore, put the content in the F format and place the relevant information right in front of the customers’ eyes.
Visual hierarchy is about arranging elements on the website in order of importance. They are generally arranged based on size, color, contrast, imagery, typography, whitespace, style, and texture. It’s crucial to arrange all the items in a way that establishes a focal point and represents where the important information lies.
Content is the major part of every website. It helps businesses to voice out their brand and inform about the product services they offer. The same also helps in the website ranking, bringing more traffic to the doorstep, keeping visitors engaged, and motivating them to purchase.
Therefore, it’s necessary to create good content along with creating a good web design. Using persuasive language with phrases and some innovation, you can create great content that can attract and influence visitors and convert them into customers.
The grid-based structure gives an organized view to both design and content. It aligns all the elements on a web page systematically and cleanly. It puts the content in the right structure with columns and sections and gives a balanced look to the website.
You can also approach the best web designing company in Gurgaon that will design the best structure for your website.
Load time is one major factor that can make or break your business in the virtual world. If your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, visitors are more likely to move on to the next best alternative. Therefore, working on the loading speed is a must.
You can boost the loading speed of a website by:
- Configuring a fast infrastructure or fast host
- Use Gzip for file compression
- Bring down the number of HTTP requests
- Minify CSS and JavaScrip
- Streamlining HTML
- Optimize images
- Clean up the media library
Your website design is an important part of ensuring your business’s success in the virtual world. Therefore, most businesses prefer approaching reliable website development services to get a good website design.
We hope that the article has provided you with enough knowledge to design a website that can justify your brand on the internet. If you have any questions or queries, do let us know in the comments.